Facebook Deactivated My Account | Update 2019

To say that Facebook plays a huge part in my life is a little an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social networks supervisor. Not only do I utilize it to keep in touch with friends and family-- however I'm for life adding material to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Deactivated My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my shock when I tried to sign into Facebook one early morning only to receive the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that also mean?

I tried to visit with another web browser and I got the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook supplied a form entry page for those wanting to contact Facebook regarding their impaired account, and I emailed them primarily asking why my account was disabled and exactly how I can obtain gain access to back to the various web pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I take care of a selection of pages for customers, as well as was always conscious regarding the material I uploaded-- nevertheless, my parents are on Facebook also.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the pals that's e-mail addresses I actually had and also clarified what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that e-mail were classified right into 3 various classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political stuff (I such as Ron Paul and also common material about #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I research a few of the write-ups by others who have had their accounts disabled to learn why mine was unexpectedly pulled-- without alerting I should include. The publishing days on the posts cover the life time of Facebook, revealing that the business has actually for life gotten on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some posts by famous blog writers or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A number of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the rest of us, we're basically on our own.

Reading these write-ups didn't infuse much hope in me or my circumstance. The awareness of what I shed was beginning to set in too.

Throughout the years I had computer systems accident, stolen, shed, and so on and also rely upon Facebook to organize all my traveling as well as celebration photos. The website isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not submit all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and household to see at their discernment? There were more than 2000 photos, numerous video clips, blog posts (notes), plus all the contacts (I still have not been able to reconnect with several who were all shed when Facebook impaired my account). This was seeming an extremely grim scenario as I even more realized simply what was lost.

I needed to reclaim access to Facebook to handle the pages for my customers, as well as additionally for my own business. A lot of my web pages' admin gain access to were shown a partner as well as were quickly held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown to my clients, whom I had to call to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and also truly so. I, too, would examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have an answer to that concern. "I have no concept" is the answer I still give, because its real. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason my account was disabled. After reading the reasons Facebook handicapped accounts on their web page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add people, blog post sexual material, bug anybody. so why they removed me really did not make sense. Only after I check out various other write-ups did I comprehend a little bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is various than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, however spelled various than the remainder of my family. I also had a customer who lately used a competition promotion to raise their email checklist. According to Facebook advertising standards, contests can just be worked on Facebook with either applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that client's Facebook web page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't exactly organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), as well as the champion was informed via e-mail (you can not introduce victors on your wall surface), I was certain this was the upseting activity which had me ushered off Facebook without so much as a 'Goodbye'.

At this point it was about a week since I initially created Facebook that eventful early morning, and I still hadn't received a reply. I reviewed the web page enabling me to call Facebook, as well as clarified that I currently had a far better idea concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I swore never to do something like that once again (was it really that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off as well as waited again. After a few more days I realized something. something extremely important-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever received the e-mail due to the fact that it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent another e-mail to Facebook, this time letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would certainly have never gotten it.

A couple of days later I finally obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only feedback I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile response-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make certain there must be someone there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never understand if/when they'll choose to erase you.
2. Do not manage your different customer's pages with the same account. If one page/account gets deleted, you will not shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are pretenders who's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a pal" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month because I had my account impaired, and had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to contact Facebook straight since I received the email from Javier, yet I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling plan? Nope.

I handle a few MU sites and if you desire a person off your site, by all means delete them/block them/whatever. But for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog messages, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook ought to enable those who they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their close friends standing updates (instead of 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit more mature in this area-- especially with their IPO introduced. I'm really considering buying stock just so they will need to pay attention to my problem-- at least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and if so just how?