My Facebook is Deactivated | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a big component in my life is a bit of an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media manager. Not only do I use it to keep in touch with friends and family-- however I'm permanently adding material to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

My Facebook Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my surprise when I attempted to sign into Facebook one morning just to receive the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that also imply?

I tried to log in with another browser and also I obtained the same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook supplied a type entry page for those wanting to contact Facebook regarding their disabled account, as well as I emailed them essentially asking why my account was disabled and exactly how I can get gain access to back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I described that I manage a range of pages for customers, as well as was always conscious regarding the web content I uploaded-- after all, my moms and dads are on Facebook as well.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an e-mail to the friends that's email addresses I in fact had and also explained what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be contacted by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were categorized right into three various classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you uploaded political things (I such as Ron Paul and also common web content about #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I research some of the articles by others who have had their accounts impaired to learn why mine was instantly pulled-- without alerting I must include. The publishing days on the write-ups cover the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the firm has permanently been on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I located some posts by well-known bloggers or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook found that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're generally on our very own.

Checking out these posts really did not infuse much hope in me or my circumstance. The understanding of what I lost was beginning to embed in too.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, stolen, lost, and so on and depend on Facebook to hold all my traveling and event images. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not submit all my images on Facebook for my friends as well as household to view at their discernment? There were more than 2000 images, countless video clips, blog posts (notes), plus all the calls (I still haven't been able to reconnect with many who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was looking to be a very grim circumstance as I further understood simply what was shed.

I had to reclaim accessibility to Facebook to handle the web pages for my customers, and additionally for my very own enterprises. A lot of my pages' admin access were shared with a partner and were easily held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook pages admin access were shown to my clients, whom I had to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" as well as truly so. I, too, would examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Would not you?

I still don't have an answer to that concern. "I have no concept" is the solution I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason my account was impaired. After reviewing the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add people, message sexual material, pester anybody. so why they erased me really did not make sense. Just after I check out various other short articles did I understand a bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, but not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, yet spelled different than the remainder of my household. I likewise had a client that just recently used a competition promotion to increase their email listing. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, contests can just be operated on Facebook with one of two applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook page as well as it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition had not been precisely organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's internet site), as well as the victor was informed by means of email (you can not reveal champions on your wall), I was positive this was the angering activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this moment it had to do with a week since I initially composed Facebook that fateful morning, and also I still hadn't gotten a reply. I took another look at the web page allowing me to speak to Facebook, and discussed that I now had a far better idea concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I promised never to do something like that again (was it truly that negative??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off as well as waited once again. After a few more days I realized something. something very crucial-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never gotten the e-mail due to the fact that it was readied to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent out an additional email to Facebook, this time letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did call me prior to this e-mail, I would have never received it.

A couple of days later on I finally obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only response I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent action-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, however I make sure there need to be someone there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll make a decision to erase you.
2. Do not handle your different client's web pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets erased, you will not lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders who's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month given that I had my account handicapped, and also had lots of time to review the experience. I have not attempted to contact Facebook directly because I received the email from Javier, however I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling plan? Nope.

I take care of a couple of MU sites and if you want somebody off your website, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog articles, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook needs to enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their friends standing updates (instead of 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit more mature in this field-- especially with their IPO announced. I'm actually thinking about buying stock just so they will certainly need to pay attention to my complaint-- at the minimum I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, as well as if so just how?