Facebook Account Deactivated | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a large part in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media sites manager. Not just do I utilize it to talk with friends and family-- however I'm forever adding web content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Account Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I attempted to authorize into Facebook one morning only to obtain the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even suggest?

I tried to visit with an additional web browser as well as I obtained the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a kind submission page for those wanting to write to Facebook about their handicapped account, and I emailed them primarily asking why my account was handicapped and exactly how I can get gain access to back to the various pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I manage a selection of pages for clients, as well as was constantly conscious regarding the web content I uploaded-- after all, my parents are on Facebook also.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent out an e-mail to the close friends that's e-mail addresses I really had and explained what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that e-mail were identified right into three various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you posted political stuff (I like Ron Paul and also shared material regarding #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I check out some of the posts by others who have had their accounts disabled to learn why my own was unexpectedly pulled-- without advising I ought to include. The posting dates on the articles span the life time of Facebook, revealing that the business has actually permanently gotten on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I found some write-ups by renowned blog writers or journalists, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their profiles and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook discovered that they disabled. For the remainder people, we're essentially on our own.

Reading these posts didn't impart much hope in me or my scenario. The realization of what I lost was beginning to embed in too.

Over the years I had computers collision, stolen, shed, etc. and also count on Facebook to host all my traveling and also party photos. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my photos on Facebook for my friends and also family members to check out at their discernment? There were well over 2000 images, countless videos, article (notes), plus all the calls (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with numerous that were all shed when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a really bleak situation as I better recognized just what was lost.

I needed to reclaim accessibility to Facebook to manage the pages for my customers, as well as additionally for my very own ventures. Much of my pages' admin gain access to were shown to a partner and were easily held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shown my customers, whom I needed to contact to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and also rightfully so. I, also, would question the person I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was disabled. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a response to that concern. "I have no concept" is the solution I still offer, due to the fact that its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason that my account was impaired. After checking out the factors Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, article sex-related web content, bug any person. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Just after I check out various other write-ups did I comprehend a little bit more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by a lot. It was still phonetically the exact same, yet meant various than the rest of my family members. I likewise had a customer that lately made use of a contest promo to increase their email listing. According to Facebook promotional standards, contests can just be operated on Facebook via either applications: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that client's Facebook web page as well as it was gone too. Aha!

Although the contest had not been precisely held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's internet site), and the victor was alerted via email (you can not announce champions on your wall surface), I was confident this was the upseting activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Bye-bye'.

Now it was about a week since I originally composed Facebook that eventful early morning, as well as I still had not gotten a reply. I reviewed the web page allowing me to call Facebook, and also clarified that I now had a better suggestion about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I swore never ever to do something like that again (was it really that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and also waited once more. After a couple of more days I recognized something. something really essential-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever obtained the e-mail since it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent out another email to Facebook, this moment letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did call me prior to this email, I would certainly have never obtained it.

A few days later I ultimately received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only response I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I'm sure there have to be a person there with much better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never recognize if/when they'll make a decision to erase you.
2. Do not handle your various customer's pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you won't shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a pal" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month because I had my account disabled, and also had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I have not attempted to call Facebook directly because I received the email from Javier, but I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to alter their disabling policy? Nope.

I take care of a few MU sites as well as if you desire somebody off your website, of course erase them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if nobody uploaded material onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No posts to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook ought to allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their close friends condition updates (as opposed to 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit more mature in this area-- especially with their IPO introduced. I'm really taking into consideration buying stock so they will need to listen to my complaint-- at least I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and if so exactly how?