My Facebook Account is Deactivated | Update 2019

To state that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a little an understatement-- as I make sure it is for any other social media sites supervisor. Not just do I utilize it to keep in touch with friends and family-- but I'm permanently including web content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my shock when I tried to authorize into Facebook one early morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that even mean?

I tried to log in with an additional web browser as well as I obtained the exact same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook provided a form submission web page for those wanting to write to Facebook regarding their handicapped account, and also I emailed them primarily asking why my account was impaired and also how I can get gain access to back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I handle a range of web pages for clients, as well as was constantly conscious regarding the material I uploaded-- nevertheless, my parents are on Facebook also.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the friends that's email addresses I really had and also described what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that e-mail were identified into 3 different groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it because you uploaded political stuff (I like Ron Paul and shared content about #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I research a few of the short articles by others that have actually had their accounts handicapped to figure out why my own was suddenly drawn-- without alerting I ought to include. The publishing days on the articles extend the life time of Facebook, showing that the company has permanently been on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I discovered some articles by popular blog owners or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their profiles and/or pages reabled not long after Facebook found that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're primarily on our own.

Reading these articles didn't infuse much hope in me or my scenario. The understanding of what I lost was starting to embed in also.

Over the years I had computers crash, swiped, lost, etc. and also depend on Facebook to hold all my traveling as well as party pictures. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my images on Facebook for my friends and also household to check out at their discernment? There were well over 2000 photos, countless videos, blog posts (notes), plus all the contacts (I still haven't been able to reconnect with numerous who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a really grim situation as I further recognized just what was shed.

I had to gain back accessibility to Facebook to manage the pages for my clients, as well as additionally for my very own ventures. A number of my pages' admin accessibility were shown a companion and also were quickly set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown my clients, whom I had to contact to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and truly so. I, also, would examine the individual I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was impaired. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have an answer to that inquiry. "I have no idea" is the response I still give, since its real. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason my account was impaired. After checking out the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still at night. I didn't spam-add individuals, message sex-related web content, pester any person. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Just after I review various other write-ups did I recognize a bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the exact same, however meant various than the rest of my family members. I also had a customer who just recently used a contest promotion to raise their email checklist. According to Facebook advertising standards, contests can only be operated on Facebook through one of two applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that client's Facebook web page and also it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't specifically organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's internet site), and the victor was alerted using email (you can not introduce winners on your wall surface), I was certain this was the offending activity which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this moment it had to do with a week given that I originally created Facebook that eventful morning, and I still had not obtained a reply. I revisited the page allowing me to contact Facebook, as well as discussed that I now had a far better concept regarding why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never to do something like that once again (was it actually that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent that off as well as waited again. After a few even more days I understood something. something really vital-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever gotten the email due to the fact that it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent another email to Facebook, this time around letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me before this e-mail, I would have never ever obtained it.

A few days later I lastly received an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only action I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile reaction-- certain Facebook is a 'young' company, however I'm sure there have to be a person there with far better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' OK Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll choose to erase you.
2. Don't manage your various client's pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a close friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month given that I had my account disabled, and had great deals of time to assess the experience. I haven't attempted to call Facebook directly since I got the e-mail from Javier, yet I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the negative experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a few MU websites and also if you desire somebody off your site, of course remove them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account as well as to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded material onto the site-- No pictures to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook should allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them recover their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their buddies condition updates (rather than 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit elder in this field-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm actually thinking about buying stock just so they will have to listen to my problem-- at least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, and if so just how?