Facebook Deactivated My Account | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a huge part in my life is a little bit of an exaggeration-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media sites manager. Not just do I utilize it to communicate with family and friends-- yet I'm forever adding web content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Facebook Deactivated My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Envision my surprise when I attempted to sign into Facebook one early morning only to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that also imply?

I tried to log in with one more web browser as well as I got the very same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook supplied a type entry web page for those wishing to write to Facebook regarding their impaired account, as well as I emailed them generally asking why my account was handicapped and also how I can obtain access back to the numerous web pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I manage a selection of pages for customers, as well as was constantly conscious about the material I posted-- nevertheless, my parents get on Facebook too.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the pals who's email addresses I really had as well as clarified what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were only able to be contacted by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that email were identified into 3 various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political things (I like Ron Paul and also common web content regarding #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I research several of the posts by others who have actually had their accounts disabled to figure out why mine was all of a sudden drawn-- without warning I must add. The publishing days on the articles span the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the firm has actually forever gotten on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some posts by well-known blog owners or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the remainder people, we're essentially on our very own.

Checking out these posts didn't instill much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I shed was beginning to set in also.

For many years I had computer systems crash, taken, lost, etc. as well as relied on Facebook to organize all my traveling and party photos. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and household to watch at their discernment? There were more than 2000 images, plenty of video clips, post (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't been able to reconnect with numerous who were all lost when Facebook impaired my account). This was looking to be a really grim circumstance as I better recognized just what was shed.

I had to restore access to Facebook to take care of the web pages for my clients, as well as additionally for my very own business. Much of my web pages' admin accessibility were shown to a companion as well as were conveniently held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shown to my clients, whom I had to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as rightfully so. I, too, would certainly question the person I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a solution to that inquiry. "I have no suggestion" is the response I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason that my account was handicapped. After reading the reasons Facebook impaired accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add people, post sexual material, bother any person. so why they removed me didn't make sense. Only after I read other write-ups did I understand a bit more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by much. It was still phonetically the same, however spelled various than the rest of my household. I also had a client who just recently utilized a contest promotion to increase their e-mail list. According to Facebook promotional guidelines, competitions can only be run on Facebook through either applications: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook web page as well as it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't exactly organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's site), and also the champion was informed by means of email (you can not announce victors on your wall surface), I was positive this was the angering activity which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Au revoir'.

At this point it had to do with a week considering that I at first composed Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still had not gotten a reply. I revisited the web page permitting me to get in touch with Facebook, as well as described that I currently had a better concept regarding why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I promised never to do something like that again (was it truly that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off as well as waited once again. After a few more days I recognized something. something very essential-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never gotten the e-mail because it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent out another e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me prior to this email, I would certainly have never received it.

A few days later I lastly obtained an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only feedback I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' business, however I make sure there need to be a person there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll determine to erase you.
2. Don't handle your numerous client's pages with the exact same account. If one page/account gets removed, you won't lose them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs who's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a close friend" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month because I had my account handicapped, as well as had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to speak to Facebook straight considering that I received the email from Javier, but I did start the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU websites as well as if you desire a person off your website, by all means delete them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if nobody uploaded content onto the website-- No photos to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook ought to permit those who they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their good friends standing updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit more mature around-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock so they will certainly need to pay attention to my problem-- at the very least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, as well as if so how?