Facebook Disabled My Account | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social media sites manager. Not only do I use it to talk with loved ones-- however I'm forever adding web content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Facebook Disabled My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Visualize my surprise when I tried to sign into Facebook one morning only to obtain the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that even indicate?

I tried to log in with one more internet browser and also I obtained the very same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook provided a type submission page for those wanting to contact Facebook concerning their impaired account, as well as I emailed them primarily asking why my account was handicapped as well as exactly how I can get access back to the countless pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I take care of a selection of pages for customers, as well as was always conscious about the content I published-- after all, my moms and dads get on Facebook too.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the buddies who's e-mail addresses I really had as well as described what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that email were categorized right into three different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you published political stuff (I like Ron Paul and also common material about #OWS).
- Perhaps somebody flagged you.

I check out a few of the short articles by others who have had their accounts disabled to find out why mine was unexpectedly pulled-- without warning I must add. The posting days on the articles cover the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the firm has for life been on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some short articles by popular bloggers or journalists, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their profiles and/or pages reabled right after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're primarily on our very own.

Reviewing these write-ups really did not instill much hope in me or my circumstance. The awareness of what I shed was beginning to embed in also.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, taken, lost, etc. and depend on Facebook to organize all my traveling and also party photos. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my images on Facebook for my friends and household to view at their discernment? There were well over 2000 photos, plenty of video clips, article (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with several who were all lost when Facebook impaired my account). This was looking to be a really grim scenario as I better realized simply what was lost.

I needed to reclaim accessibility to Facebook to manage the web pages for my customers, and also for my own business. A lot of my pages' admin gain access to were shown a partner and were conveniently held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shown my customers, whom I had to contact to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as truly so. I, too, would question the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was impaired. Wouldn't you?

I still don't have a response to that inquiry. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still offer, since its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason why my account was handicapped. After reading the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their page I was still at night. I didn't spam-add individuals, blog post sex-related web content, bug anyone. so why they erased me really did not make good sense. Only after I read various other write-ups did I recognize a little bit more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, however meant various than the rest of my family members. I likewise had a client that recently made use of a contest promotion to enhance their e-mail checklist. According to Facebook promotional standards, contests can just be operated on Facebook with a couple of applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that customer's Facebook web page and it was gone also. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't exactly held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's internet site), and also the champion was alerted by means of e-mail (you can not reveal winners on your wall surface), I was certain this was the angering activity which had me ushered off Facebook without so much as a 'Au revoir'.

Now it had to do with a week since I initially composed Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still had not gotten a reply. I revisited the page enabling me to contact Facebook, and described that I currently had a much better idea concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I swore never ever to do something like that again (was it really that bad??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once more. After a couple of even more days I recognized something. something very essential-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never gotten the e-mail due to the fact that it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent another e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would have never ever obtained it.

A couple of days later I finally got an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only action I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent reaction-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make sure there have to be somebody there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OK Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never know if/when they'll decide to erase you.
2. Don't manage your different customer's pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets removed, you won't shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are pretenders that's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a good friend" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month given that I had my account impaired, and had lots of time to assess the experience. I have not attempted to speak to Facebook straight given that I got the e-mail from Javier, yet I did start the web site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I handle a couple of MU sites and if you desire a person off your website, of course erase them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook needs to allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their pals status updates (as opposed to 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit elder in this area-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock so they will certainly have to listen to my complaint-- at the very least I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, and also if so exactly how?